Saturday, November 21, 2009

Random Saturday Moments

Random moment #1

We took the kids to a sporting event today. After a while Mrs. Grumpy sent me to get drinks and nachos.

So I'm standing in line at the counter, with one guy ahead of me, buying a hot dog. I overheard this:

Mr. Hotdogbuyer: "It's $5.95 for THAT dinky hot dog! Geez, my dick is bigger than that!"

Counter girl: "I certainly hope so, sir."



Random moment #2

We stopped at Target to get assorted junk. Up in front they had various holiday gift sets. One of them was a "sampler set" in a green and red box with snowflakes on it.

What was it a bunch of samples of? Beer? Chocolates? Coffee?

Nope. Deodorant. Had 5-7 things of deodorant, different brands and scents. I swear.

If someone gave that to you, what would you think?

10 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Intervention is what I would think. Intervention.

D said...

Random moment #2: sounds like a stocking stuffer for teenagers. Seriously.

Me said...

What would I think? I would think that that person would show up at peopleofwalmart.com the next day probably.

Anonymous said...

It's expensive. I will take it, as a gift no problem. Where do I sign up?

christine said...

My mom often gives toiletries like deodorant and toothpaste as stocking stuffers. One year, she gave my husband deodorant, but the deodorant was used. By my dad. It had one of his armpit hairs in it.

I'm not sure if I identified myself on an earlier comment, but my mom was also the one who left plastic in the oven that caught fire on Christmas day. Mom might be a patient of yours in the near future. ;)

J-Quell'n said...

I actually have some family members who would do this...they are that tacky.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather get a lump of coal

The Mother said...

I'm running out to Target today. I have a teenage boy who experiments with deodorant scents. Which makes me happy, since even the most noxious of them pale in comparison to the natural stink of a teenage boy.

Anonymous said...

Moment #1: Better if she had said "You wish!"

Classof65 said...

Could be worse -- it could have been Gas-X!

 
Locations of visitors to this page