Thursday, December 23, 2010

Today's featured gift #1

Today I'm presenting 2 gifts to wrap up this year's guide. A big "THANK YOU!" to all who sent in ideas. If yours didn't make it, don't despair. I'm saving some for posts over the year. Feel free to keep sending them, because I'm planning on doing this again next year. It's you guys who make it fun to write this.

And now, on to the gifts!


I have plenty of patients with migraines. I do my best to treat them. I have an arsenal of medications to work with.

But, if you prefer more touchy-feely ways of treating them, there's now this:



Yes, they are what you see: Goggles you strap to your face, with moving magnets on stems that rub you around your eyes. Batteries are even included!

Last week I polled 10 random migraine patients who came to the office, and all of them thought this gadget looked closer to being a torture chamber than a migraine treatment. One said "It looks like an iron maiden for the face!"

6 comments:

Gen said...

Looks like something Lady Gaga would wear.

Sean said...

--One said "It looks like an iron maiden for the face!"

And the Man in the Iron Mask wore his...where?

Anonymous said...

I did not have a headache before I read it, I do now.

Lisa said...

I have migraines from time to time. I've always thought one of these clamps would work - sometimes that squeezing is what you need :)
http://www.woodpeck.com/media/main_handscrew-clamp.jpg

Anonymous said...

I don't have migraines just regular tension headaches and that looks like the most miserable "cure" possible!

Cal said...

Looks terrible! But have you seen those caps that have pockets for ice packs all around? You can encase your whole head in ice... Now that looks tempting!

 
Locations of visitors to this page