Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Attention patients!

I'm sorry you were 30 minutes late for your appointment yesterday, and Mary had to reschedule you.

I try to run on time as best I can. I understand that traffic/weather/building collapses are not under your control, but I can't set my entire day back to accommodate you, either.

So I appreciate you being willing to reschedule to next week.

And I understand you having to stop in the lobby bathroom after your prolonged stop behind a broken truck/burning bus/crashed blimp.

BUT

When you come out of the john, and notice Mary is busy with a drug rep, YOU SHOULD not sneak back to my exam room in hopes of being seen. I'm not that ignorant of my schedule. When Mrs. Jones and I walked from my office over to my exam room, and found you sitting in there claiming that Mary had told you to go back and wait for me, you looked pretty damn stupid.

Especially since you thought that I'd somehow be less likely to toss you out if you put on a paper gown.

Take your clothes out to the lobby bathroom, get dressed, and I'll see you next week.

12 comments:

Barb said...

that's just pitiful. or maybe you are just that irresistible?

legalalien said...

at least give him credit for ingenuity!
and then the rest of us some points for incredulity.

Doris said...

From Wikipedia:

"In Hebrew, chutzpah is used indignantly, to describe someone who has over-stepped the boundaries of accepted behavior with no shame."

This person's picture, engowned, was right with the article.

Who knew?

>:p

Medical Mojave said...

When dealing with infertility, I went to an IVF clinic that would've appreciated that kind of initiative.

They liked it when I just showed up because their receptionist never answered the damn phone and they never returned after hours calls.

Oddly, I didn't stay with them. Can't imagine why! They never managed to get my ovaries to do much either.

M

Packer said...

I want film rights. I will call the movie "Just another day in paradise".

Hate to say this, but our society has taken leave of its collective sense. This guy does get an A for guerilla medical care ettiquette.


That is why I go home after work and stay there until the next morning.

ERP said...

Jeeze. Your patients are almost as entitled as mine.

Anonymous said...

oh, that was just painful reading that. I'm embarassed for her. It's like a train wreck you can't help but watch.

We do have to thank your "ingenious" patients, otherwise your blog would not be nearly as entertaining.

Anonymous said...

There's somebody out there who VOLUNTARILY dons a paper gown? Wow. Just...wow. I never change into one of those until I am very clearly told to. Even then, I wrinkle up my nose in distaste, and sigh audibly.

Kat's Kats said...

What? He didn't claim amnesia?? Wonder how he got into the room in a gown?! I mean, really, if you're going to pull this off in a neurologist's office, isn't that the proper response? ::tongue in cheek::

outta - where the patient should have gone once he'd gotten an appointment for next week

PS did said patient call the office when the traffic/weather/FITB occur to the point that it was going to make him late?? As soon as I realize I won't be on time much less 15 minutes early, that's what I do!! Geez Louise.

The Mother said...

Patients are so sneaky. But not as sneaky as a good office lady, whose job it is to outsmart the patients.

Maha said...

What a jerk. Glad you guys kicked him out. We had a similar thing happen in the ER - security tossed the dude out like a dirty diaper!

Anonymous said...

Major balls. Dead wrong, but major stones.

 
Locations of visitors to this page