Sunday, July 10, 2011

Memories...

In medical school I (briefly) joined a local singles group.

The only event I remember going to was a dinner party at someone's apartment.

Me and another guy (even more geeky than me, and he was quite drunk, which didn't help) were both interested in the same girl (I think she was the only pretty one there. Possibly the only female there at all).

Anyway, I won, and she ended up leaving with me to go get a drink afterwards.

A week later I discovered the geeky guy was an Internal Medicine attending. At my medical school.

And I was assigned to him for a week.

He, fortunately, either didn't remember me (he'd been pretty drunk) or was pretending not to remember me (didn't want to admit losing the girl to a med student).

11 comments:

OMDG said...

OMG now THAT is funny.

HAve you ever posted about how you met your wife? Just curious.

Fizzy said...

That is an awesome story. And nice job getting the girl :)

Solitary Diner (Also Known as The Frugalish Physician) said...

Ah...the awkwardness of dating in medicine. Great story (as always).

Anonymous said...

is that girl your wife now? :p

Grumpy, M.D. said...

No.

Anonymous said...

Obviously grumpiness is catnip to the ladies!

ERP said...

Or even worse, losing a girl to a neurologist!

Just an Intern said...

Hahaha what an awesome story.

Packer said...

I heard they made a movie about that story. Well I did hear it.

PA Honeybee said...

I'm with Old MD Girl, how did you meet your wife?

Anonymous said...

I remember in my first semester attending a local church young adults dinner. We were all chatting about our lives and everything and I blithely started talking about my own life, and what I was doing, etc etc -- which was, at the time, mostly anatomy lab. I think I was in the middle of relating just how *hungry* we all got after several hours in the lab and how it all used to gross me out but now I could, ha ha, eat a roast beef sandwich right there, in the lab, **off the liver** if need be, ha ha ---- at which point I was suddenly aware of how quiet and pale everyone had gotten.

It was then I realized just how much medicine changes your perspective.

 
Locations of visitors to this page