Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Annie's Desk, April 6, 2010

Annie: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Annie."

Mrs. Ditz: "My husband is having problems with his medication."

Annie: "Which medication is that?"

Mrs. Ditz: "The one Dr. Grumpy gives him. I don't know the name. He takes it at night."

Annie: "Okay, I'll look it up... What kind of problem is he having?"

Mrs. Ditz: "He says it causes side effects."

Annie: "What kind of side effects?"

Mrs. Ditz: "I don't know. What kind of side effects can it cause?"

Annie: "It depends on what he's taking."

Mrs. Ditz: "I don't know what it is."

Annie: "Why don't you let me talk to your husband?"

Mrs. Ditz: "He's at work. He won't be home until after 6:00."

Annie: "Why isn't he calling himself?"

Mrs. Ditz: "He doesn't know I'm calling. I thought it would save time if I did."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why retail pharmacy drives me batty

The Good Cook said...

Well now that I have a good picture of what the problem is... geez. I am loosing faith in all of mankind AND the educational system in this country.

Anonymous said...

I need this lady. My husband actually calls me to ask me if I will call the doctor for him. Why can't he use the time he spent calling me calling the doctor himself?

Anonymous said...

hipaa

The Observer said...

Save time? Save time?

As an ER nurse, I reserve the right to chase out spouses who speak for the other spouse with a pitchfork. Nothing saves time like having to ask the question twice, once for her to answer and once for him to answer.

The Evil Receptionist said...

I think she's our patient, too. This scenario happens to me at least once a day.

Morris said...

Lady, it actually *would* save time if you knew what you were talking about! Sheesh! *facepalm*

wv is 'terst', which is very what I feel after reading this :)

Li'l Azathoth said...

"Also, he's not technically my husband. I just spend every night watching him through a telescope from my window. I see him take these pills every night, but so far I haven't been able to find any of the empty pill bottles in his garbage. I know he's a patient of yours, because I followed him to your office a few times."

Anonymous said...

It's not as bad as a boyfriend or girlfriend dragging their honey to a divorce lawyer. This one always irks me. Or bringing their kid(s) to the divorce lawyer appointment.

Texas Pharmacy Chica said...

She had probably already called the pharmacy.....or...many pharmacies, because she is not really sure which one he uses either...

Anonymous said...

"But as long as I've got you on the phone, can I have a script for OxyContin?"

Anonymous said...

Lady, what do you think the internet is for--so you won't bother the Dr. with dopey questions. What kind of side effects--Look it up, heheheh

 
Locations of visitors to this page