Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dear CNN,

Thank you for today's great "breaking news" headline.

(click to enlarge)





I'm glad to know NASA finally discovered the first Earth-sized planets in the universe. All this time I thought I was living on an "Earth-sized" planet, but apparently I was wrong.

For that matter, I always thought Venus was roughly "Earth-sized." I guess you found the "Earth-sized" planets are actually somewhere else.

So, when you decide what size planet the Earth is, please let me know. In case I ever get on Jeopardy or something.

5 comments:

Jono said...

I thought earth was a class M planet. And why is it always about size?

History Doc said...

Really, you are being too picky.

Clearly Earth is very different, and therefore not subject to the same rules.

We are SPECIAL, damn it.

a.generic doc said...

At least Earth still is considered a planet.
They haven't voted us off the list like Pluto!

Anonymous said...

And people ask why the death of traditional media is a bad thing. At least the old codgers got hearsay right.

cliffintokyo said...

You know, online news is just so competitive....they had to get the word *first* in there somehow!

 
Locations of visitors to this page