Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Great drug rep moments

"Hi, Dr. Grumpy. It's good to see you. Thank you for signing for samples. I hope you've been doing okay. How are your kids? My son is getting divorced. But that's fine, because I never liked her. Is this going to be enough samples for you? I wish the company would give us more. We also have the new 50mg pills, I don't have any here, but will send you some info. Are you ready for the holidays? My company is doing layoffs. I have no idea if I'll have this job in a month. I'm bringing lunch next week. Do you like turkey? I thought about getting some, but I think that would be overkill. Don't you? My daughter hates turkey, but she has all kinds of food allergies. I bet she got them from my ex, because there isn't anything right about him. She's interested in going into medicine, too. Do you have any advice for her? I can bring sandwiches instead. I found a new place I like, but they toast the bread, and not everyone likes that. I'll ask if they can leave some plain. This drug, by the way, is now on first tier with all major insurance plans. Which plans do you take? A friend of mine should probably see you, I'll have to find out what insurance she's on. Thank you for your time, and I'll see you next week."

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lithium to the front desk STAT!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow.

Anonymous said...

Did she take a breath at all during that recitation?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

No! And she's a smoker, too!

arzt4empfaenger said...

Holy random smalltalk, Batman!

Not House said...

That was like two people having the same conversation at once.

Jon said...

Is she sampling her samples?

TiredRPh said...

Someone needs to be banned from Starbucks.

donna said...

WTF....She seems to have an ADD
issue going on here.I got dizzy
reading this! Is she ALWAYS like
this? Was there some head banging
on desk going on after she left?
OMG.

clairesmum said...

my first reaction was that she needs a referral - to 'on and on and on anonymous'!

Anonymous said...

The epitomy of a run on sentence. So funny. My vote goes for either -

1. She consumed several cups of coffee, a rockstar, a bottle of caffeine pills and some Diet coke on top of that.... OR

2. The filters in her head aren't working today...

3. Or, clearly her mood stablizer needs some tweaking, and the mania is blaring through. Carbamazepine anyone?

The Evil Receptionist said...

Oh boy, I know that rep. I saw her for lunch today.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Did she bring turkey? Or toasted sandwiches?

ERP said...

Holy flight of ideas Batman!

The Mother said...

Sounds like having a conversation with my ADD kid on a bad day.

Katie Axelson said...

Sorry, Dr. Grumpy, next time I'll pause to breathe in the middle of my speech, but it would just be for your comfort not because I need it...

<>< Katie

Elmo said...

Good grief! It's like listening in on a crossed line!

Either she's "chemically enhanced" - or needs to be.

Moose said...

HI I SAMPLE OUR SPEED PILLS DID YOU KNOW AMPHETAMINES CAN REALLY HELP YOU GET STUFF DONE IN YOUR DAY IT SAYS HERE THAT SOME MAY HELP WITH STROKE PATIENTS DO YOU USE AMPHETAMINES THEY ARE REALLY HELPFUL THEY HELP ME GET A LOT DONE I USED TO HAVE SAMPLES BUT SEEM TO HAVE RUN OUT BUT BOY ARE THEY GREAT DRUGS THEY SEEM TO HELP ME GET ALL SORTS OF STUFF DONE

*GASP*

THUNK

Anonymous said...

SQUIRREL!!

Andrea said...

So was this a ritalin or adderal rep?

The Observer said...

What anon 3:43 pm said.

Also Red Bull--too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5HiKCUsNNw

Unknown said...

That is actually how my brain operates the majority of the time. If I don't take my Adderall, it's a nightmare.

rothase said...

I am reading this very early in the morning (can't sleep) and I got to "SQUIRREL!" and nearly woke everyone up laughing- might I recommend some Strattera for your drug rep? Look! Something shiney!

Morris said...

LOL @ Moose

pharmacy chick said...

So did you get ONE word in?? Cut the caffeine..

Anonymous said...

Moose. Ha Ha.
Dr. Grumpy, how did you manage to capture the whole conversation? Sounds like maybe the chitchat of three persons going on at once or like she was trying to avoid any interaction at all at her distress from her son's divorce.

mcgee said...

I have a coworker like that, except her convesations revolve around Jesus, evil Muslims, evil bankers, conspiracy theories and old timey ranching...all randomly jumbled together.

 
Locations of visitors to this page