Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunday evening, 7:05 p.m.

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Mr. Sue: "Goddammit... Sue! Did you call the doctor?"

Sue (in background): "Yes."

Mr. Sue: "Well it's him. Why the hell did you let me answer the phone if you knew he'd be calling?"

Sue (in background): "I told you not to answer the phone, and that I'd get it."

Mr. Sue: "You didn't say a fucking thing! Why would I answer the damn phone if I knew it wasn't for me?"

Sue (in background): "I don't know. I told you I'd called him, but it's not like you ever listen to me anyway."

Mr. Sue: "Well it's not like you ever have anything worthwhile to say."

Sue (in background): "You're such a..."

(click).

They never called back, either. I was kind of disappointed. It was starting to get interesting.

12 comments:

Homebody said...

Is your office hiring? You guys have the funniest things happen there! Thanks for the daily laugh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, Dr. G. I was starting to wonder if they'd allow a word in edgewise... apparently not in this argument.

Anonymous said...

One might assume that Sue needs to schedule an appointment if she can get past Mr. Sue's massive ego long enough to do it.

Julie said...

lol ... i'm also interesting in knowing why Sue called in the first place.

OMDG said...

Hopefully he didn't beat the crap out of her after they hung up the phone.....

bb said...

The fun part of your job is the stuff that you hear. Your blog has become my humor blog. I sit in an office all day long with not a whole lot of interaction with folks and certainly no interaction with the public. Doesn't make for interesting or funny stories. I'm pretty sure I could not keep a straight face. Dang, you sure have some funny stories.

StudentDoc said...

If Mr. Sue really gets that angry over little things, he may become your patient too when his high blood pressure leads to a stroke...

Cheryl said...

Hmmm . . . sounds like Mr. Sue missed his noon dose of fukitol!

Maha said...

Mr. Sue sounds like a total douchelord.

terri c said...

Too funny! Yeah, I think he needs some fukitol. Stat.

Wv: bignosal which sounds like an intriguing desciptor, perhaps for the patient in your newer post.

Reality Jayne said...

The trailer park called...they want their trash back.

j said...

Ah, true love.

 
Locations of visitors to this page