Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pulp

Miss Print: "Hello, Throwaway Rags, can I help you?"

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Ibee Grumpy. You guys shipped me a huge box of magazines for my lobby."

Miss Print: "Let me see. Yes, you're on our list to receive 50 copies a month."

Dr. Grumpy: "I didn't order them, and I don't want them. Please take me off the list."

Miss Print: "Have you looked through our magazine?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes. It's 90% paid advertising, extolling the virtues of Wirth-Liss Pharmaceuticals overpriced medications."

Miss Print: "Well, Wirth-Liss Pharmaceuticals is paying for every neurologist to receive 50 free copies to share with your patients. Education is important. You can place them in your lobby."

Dr. Grumpy: "I don't want them in my lobby. I put them in the recycling. And I don't want to get anymore."

Miss Print: "You're depriving your patients of an opportunity to learn about their treatment options."

Dr. Grumpy: "I'm not going to argue with you. Either cancel my subscription, or let me talk to your supervisor."

Miss Print: "I'll cancel it. But you're really doing a disservice to your patients. They deserve better."

13 comments:

skidmark said...

A missed opportunity to open a new revenue stream. Throwaway Rags and Wirth-Liss Pharma pay you to put the mags in the lobby.

Of course, you put them on a table under a sign reading "Some drug companies will do anything to make you think you need their new medicine - even if it does not treat your problem or could kill you. Ask your doctor."

stay safe.

wv = iceassi: what you wish they would do.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Grumpy: "yes, yes you're right. They do deserve better." *click*

Brittles15 said...

I'd rather get ink pens... and fish tanks.

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

But they can't give us pens anymore, because it might persuade us to prescribe their products? Bring back the pens, I say!!

Officer Cynical said...

Where is National Lampoon magazine when we need it?

Sallie B. said...

Wow! She really has the tenacity to be a salesperson--she's wasted answering phones. ;-)

Cian Duffy said...

With the outright ban on advertising prescription meds to patients here (Ireland), these mags are even more hilariously useless, as all they can do is imply you might have a problem that urgently needs talking to your doc about. Meaning there's lengthy articles about "having trouble peeing?" and so on.

When you add to that the mix of ads for useless "class 2 medical device" supplements and so on, there's about three pages left for the actual editorial which is usually the most vapid rubbish ever written. Still, they burn well.

Anonymous said...

does she know about her good twin and adopt a cat day?

Packer said...

Depriving patients of their right to learn of treatment options. Most treatment options suck big time, so anytime we can learn less about them the better the day it.

When they tell me that the condition can successfully be treated with coffee and donuts, then don't deprive me.

Unknown said...

All you need is a years worth of 'Top Gear' magazines to keep your patients happy..

Anonymous said...

Maybe if she were offering Bumpaddle subscriptions?

Ms. Donna said...

Be sure to recycle those rags responsibly.

Anonymous said...

there have been a lot of third world "vacations" , and some not so third, where any handfull of magazines would have been very appreciated
- Ms Sears

 
Locations of visitors to this page