Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fiat lux

Dr. Grumpy: "Let's go to my exam room..." (walks into exam room, flips on lights)

Mrs. Photic: "OH MY GOD! DID THE LIGHTS JUST FLICKER?!!!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Uh, I think so, when I turned them on. They're fluorescent."

Mrs. Photic: "THIS MEANS SOMETHING!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Everything is fine, ma'am. It only means they're on. Have a seat over there, and let me take your blood pressure.."

Mrs. Photic: "They're not going to flicker again, are they?"

Dr. Grumpy: "I don't think so, but they're old fixtures."

Mrs. Photic: "If they do, I'm leaving. For all I know you're one of them."

12 comments:

bluetoothbuddha said...

She's just a flicker away from an Upper Boom, eh?

Then again, maybe she had a migraine...

Carrie said...

I have switched jobs but when I was an Autistic support teacher I had his conversation at least 1 time a year with a parent.

Parent: I want Johnny to not be in any room with flourescent lighting
Me: The whole school has that type of lighting
Parent: Is that going to be a problem?
Me: I will pass on this concern to my supervisor

Packer said...

You are one of them ? Me too!

What are the chances ?

Anonymous said...

I was one of them, but they threw me out.

bobbie said...

You must have one heck of a blood blister on the inside of cheek ~ at least I'm guessing that is how you stopped yourself from laughing in her face...

Christian Bale said...

It's fucking distracting.

Ms. Donna said...

Well, are you? . . .One of "them" I mean?

Whelk Lad! said...

It's all part of her plan. This way, when her blood pressure reads 180/120, you'll figure it's just because of her fear of fluorescent light, and she'll be spared the lecture about giving up her Cheetos.

Knot Telling said...

"You're one of them," you old fixture!

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a large need for psychiatric help in your patient population. Ever consider teaming up with a psychiatric colleague?

Moose said...

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Just ME said...

I KNEW IT!!

 
Locations of visitors to this page