Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mary's desk

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mrs. Bekins: "Hi, I need to make an appointment with the doctor."

Mary: "Okay, what's your insurance?"

Mrs. Bekins: "Um... Gee, I really don't know. I'm in the process of relocating to Grumpyville, and don't have a job yet."

Mary: "All right... Would you like to call back when you know more?"

Mrs. Bekins: "No, I still want to set something up."

Mary: "Okay, when are you moving here?"

Mrs. Bekins: "I don't know yet. Could be anywhere from 3 months to a year."

Pause.

Mary: "I think it would be better if you call back when you know when you'll be here."

Mrs. Bekins: "You're probably right. What part of town are you in?"

Mary: "Do you know the areas of Grumpyville?"

Mrs. Bekins: "No. Can you send me a map? And recommend a realtor?"

10 comments:

Julie said...

I bet Mary has a bottle of Vodka under her desk ... otherwise I'm not sure how she gets through the day!

Anonymous said...

And could you book a mover for me. For next week. Or maybe next month. Or next year..

skidmark said...

Finding decent medical care is one of the hardest things about moving to a new location. "Decent" being defined, I suppose, as providing free tourist info, referrals to realtors, concierge services for tickets to local events, and reservations at top dining spots. All, thank goodness, billable to some insurance carrier one might or might not be paying premiums to.

No wonder the waiting room is filled with such a diverse cast of characters - of which there might actually be one waiting for medical care.

stay safe.

Packer said...

Grumpy puts people up to calling Mary with stuff like this just so he can sit back and laugh, Mary will find out about it and escalate the pranksterism. Someone will wind up dead, it will make the Enquirer or CNN. Sad but true.

Li'l Azathoth said...

"And if you have any tips for hitchhiking at truck stops, that would be great, because I'm not having much luck so far."

bobbie said...

Did Saint Mary comply?

Officer Cynical said...

"Yes. Just wait by the phone and I'll pass those through. Don't hang up, now!"

Anonymous said...

Mary should get a bonus check every week for making it thru without slapping the stupid out of the f*cktards that she has to deal with!!

Just Me said...

Man Im so glad I dont do desk work any more. When I used to work at a big bank everyday this old lady would call up and ask to be put through to another company down the street. This happened daily for bout two years until I left and devided to become a mental health Nurse.

Anonymous said...

I think this patient is so impressed with Dr. Grumpy's recommendation, that he may be the ONLY reason Ms. Bekin's may be trying to move from wherever she is. Watch your back, Dr. G. You've got a stalker.

 
Locations of visitors to this page