Monday, June 4, 2012

My dog tries for the Darwin Award

Due to the weather warming up, I decided to shut down the hot tub for the summer. It's a big round thing, so I drained it and stood it on its side to dry.

Mello saw it standing there, and, to my astonishment, decided it was a giant hamster wheel. So she immediately jumped in it and began running.

This was a disaster in the making.

She actually got it about 20 feet across the yard before the whole thing fell over upside down, trapping her under it.

It was pretty hard not to laugh at the muffled "woof" of astonishment as I went over to free her.

Moron dog.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL aww!!!

Anonymous said...

If you had been recording that you could have won $10,000 on America's Funniest Videos. I would have loved to have seen that!

I have a question. Why do you shut down the hot tub for the summer? If I had one I think I'd use it year round.

Anonymous said...

Mello sound like a smart dog looking for a good time to me. "20 feet across the yard". A dumb dog would not have thought of the trick.

Anonymous said...

i don't think mello is a moron, i think she's creative :p

Mari-Ann said...

How did I miss that you added a third dog? Sounds like a "normal" sized dog, too!

Anonymous said...

Ditto Kim!

Must be nice to have a hot tub ...

Mello is OK?

Elizabeth said...

You have to get her to do it again and post it on YouTube.

Packer said...

Get a smarter dog, I did.

http://springtimedog.blogspot.com/2010/04/he-kind-of-grows-on-you.html#links

Hungarican Chick said...

These are the moments we put up with the barking, the pee and the shedding for.

OMDG said...

Mello as is Mello Yellow (lab)?

Dogs are awesome. So good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

had a very young raccoon pull a heavy birdbath over onto itself. i heard the noise during the night, but did not know what was going on until i found the little corpse in the morning.

 
Locations of visitors to this page