Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Unwanted attention

A doctor in my building is retiring, and selling off his practice's stuff.

So yesterday morning he put signs all over the building saying "OFFICE CLOSING! EVERYTHING MUST GO! FURNITURE! OFFICE SUPPLIES! COMPUTER! MEDICAL EQUIPMENT" with his phone number and suite in surprisingly small print at the bottom.

And, on my floor, he put the flier right outside my office.

So all day long Pissy and I's staff were inundated by people coming in to see what we're selling, making us offers on the lobby chairs, asking our staff if they needed new jobs, etc.

And, of course, the way rumors spread I've gotten several calls from other docs who've heard I'm closing up. And panicked patients who are afraid they'll have to find a new neurologist.

13 comments:

Thatgirl said...

You can't just move the flier farther away from your office?

A Doc 2 Be said...

Artisanal flier leaves iconic mess?

Bwahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Start a bidding war and use the profits to upgrade your digs.

talesfromtheniteshift said...

Easy way to get rid of problem patients?

Anonymous said...

He couldn't have found a better way to ask you, if there was anything you may have wanted?

ASS!

Packer said...

So think back, what did Pissy do to piss the guy off. Nothing, oh that only leaves one other person........., uh, nevermind.

I love these Dr. as jerk stories. My own Dr. is no jerk, but his partner once sat at the receptionist desk with a waiting room full of people and with greet window fully open as he loudly denigrated his patients to a friend on phone.

Anonymous said...

I hope he had someone properly wipe clean all the drives on the computers and office equipment before he starts handing things out to the general public.

T said...

Does it mean that this blog will go too? Please say it ain't so.

Jess said...

I think you deserve at least 5% of the proceeds.

Anonymous said...

I'd move that sign.

watercolordaisy said...

Move the sign? Just throw it away. The placement was rude.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of medical office furniture, when I was in pharmacy school, we rented lodging owned by a medical doctor who let his two sons use it before we moved in as 'furnished'. It was 'furnished' all right! With used office furniture retired from his practice. The pieces were modern and attractive enough (a lot of muted green and beige), but I had to soak the cushions and removable upholstery in detergent in the bathtub to remove the silt, the soak it again to remove the filth. Nearly a different color scheme when all was said and done.

Anonymous said...

**"Pissy's and my staff"...

 
Locations of visitors to this page