Saturday, December 12, 2009

More Gift Ideas

Hitting the snooze button too many times? Or are you a 4-wheel drive aficionado that thinks every household appliance should be an all-terrain-vehicle? Or both?

Now, you can truly have it all! An alarm clock that not only wakes you up, but leaps off your night table, forcing you to chase it!

(click to enlarge)





I know this would work at my house, but only once. The alarm might not wake me up, but Blackdog frantically barking at it rolling across the floor would, and then I'd have to get up to clean the puddle where terrified Snowball pissed on the carpet when he thought it was coming to get him. And I wouldn't need to hit the snooze button because in the next minute psycho Cooper would tear it to pieces. And $39.95 seems like a lot of money to me for a 1-time-use appliance.

12 comments:

OMDG said...

I totally need this product. I am TERRIBLE to get out of bed in the AM!

Anonymous said...

It might require a cage all its own in my house.

TechieSquid said...

My fiance got one of those for christmas last year since he's nigh impossible to wake up. We don't use it anymore though. It turns out that he's a sleep ninja and will actually catch it in midair and turn it off without waking up.

Anonymous said...

I could just see my dog's hindquarters passing up her front end in her bid to escape just the noise of the thing rolling across the floor...never mind the noise from the alarm...

Easily Lost said...

I only hit the snooze button 4 or 5 times. I really don't think I need that particular product :))

Anonymous said...

It might be worth it if you had some cameras set up to capture Dog vs. Machine.

Classof65 said...

I used to put my alarm clock on top of the bureau clear across the room so I would have to get up to turn it off. I was grumpy before Dr. Grumpy was even born!
Classof65

mommy-medic said...

ROFLMAO!!! send Nurse K one!!!

The Duchess said...

ThinkGeek calls it "Clocky." I like the one that has a helicopter "key" that flies off when it's wake-up time...you have to find the key and put it back in the clock before it shuts up. That might last a few mornings before it gets thrown against the wall in my house :)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/9171/

Anonymous said...

I used 5 alarm clocks when I was a student taking the early morning exams. 1 beside my bed, the 2nd one on the desk across the room, the 3rd one on a shelf further away from my bed than the desk, the 4th one in the living room outside my room, the 5th one in my parents' room, & the 6th is my mom, who incidentally, doesn't come with a snooze button :))

Sue

Anonymous said...

It is indeed called "Clocky" -- I remember seeing this on the news a few years ago when it was still an MIT student project.

http://www.nandahome.com/

Apparently there is a chrome(!) version! I wonder if there is also an option for a spoiler and Bose speakers loud enough to wake up the neighborhood.

Shannon said...

How 'bout this for the gift list?

http://www.bullsballs.com/canadian/friends.html

Testicles for you . . . truck.

 
Locations of visitors to this page