Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Reruns

(For those of you who missed it the first time around, the following was my post for Christmas, 2008)


The following message was left on my office voicemail last night (December 24th) at around 8:30 p.m., by a pharmacist who was obviously less than enthusiastic about having to work on Christmas eve.

"Hello, I'm calling from Local Pharmacy about a refill for Dr. Grumpy. It's on patient Mrs. Smith, for her Cartia. The idiot's at her nursing home didn't realize she was all out until 5 minutes ago, and then were stupid enough to think they could just waltz down here
and get more. But no, there were no refills.

"So if someone could please call me to refill this, this bunch of bozos at the care home want it tonight. And I'll be here, tonight, on Christmas Eve, at Local Pharmacy, all damn night. so you can reach me whenever you call. My name is Joy. Thank you."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA.. I was the pharmacist making those calls all day today, but hoping I don't have to make those calls tomorrow! Happy Holidays!

PharmD

stewbert said...

hahaha. I love that her name is Joy. Fitting.

Maha said...

Agreed with stewbert - LOVING the fact that her name is Joy. It's the extra twist in the back stab that is her life on christmas eve!

Anonymous said...

I think I work with her!!

Happy Christmakuh!!

Anonymous said...

This lady sounds like that Social worker voicemail from a few weeks ago.

Lilorfnannie said...

Funny stuff! Sounds like having a name like Joy set her up for a life of cynicism!! Either that or she heard too many cracks about her name relative to the Christmas Season lately!

Doris said...

Hope you and all the Grumpys have Merry Christmakuh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtPKbMwnRo

>:)

 
Locations of visitors to this page