Monday, December 7, 2009

More Fun Junkie Quotes

These guys just make a weekend on call so entertaining.


"I've been using crack since I was 18, and I'm 27 now. I mean, that's almost 7 years I've been doing this stuff. I've spent 2 years in jail for it. I've been in and out of every rehab program in town. I've never had a real job, and still live with my parents. It's time for me to turn my life around, and I'm going to start by being honest and telling my parents about my habit. I've been able to hide it from them, but It's time they know I've got a problem."


Dude, if your parents haven't figured that out yet, they're probably on it, too. Also, your math sucks.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you to death doc, but his math is accurate. 27-18 is 9 years, take away the 2 that he was in prison (and presumably not using) and there's the 7 years he's claiming.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Ryan- Damn! You're probably right. Oh well. Guess I better stop using it myself.

ERRN4U said...

Maybe he's excluding the two years he spent in jail? ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's rehearsing the speech to be given to his probation officer.

Anonymous said...

Drugs still make their way into the prison system though.

Sara said...

I thought he was excluding the two years he was incarcerated as well. As far as his parents go... Doc, you have to be right. They must be cracked out as well.

Anonymous said...

My sister used crack for decades. It was difficult to tell when she had been using and when not. Yes, she did the "crack dancing," but she did that all the time...
Classof65

I finally got a log-in word that fits: lapses!!!!!!!

Scritches.com said...

Yes, but do you think he was serious enough to follow through?

wondering said...

You'd be surprised how well some addicts can hide it.

I had a roomie with a heroin habit; she hid it from us for a year. It wasn't until after she confessed about her problem that she started to be obviously messed up. I think the roadmap was something like: at first, she had great strength of will and hide the symptoms, confessed when she didn't think she could hide it anymore, and then completely stopped fighting it.

Ooh, and dipsi is a great verification word for this.

 
Locations of visitors to this page