Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2:28 a.m.

Dr. Grumpy "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Mrs. Insomnia: "Hi, my husband sees Dr. Cortex for epilepsy."

Dr. Grumpy: "Is he having a seizure?"

Mrs. Insomnia: "Oh, no. He's fine. He takes Felbacetam."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, so why are you calling? Is he out?"

Mrs. Insomnia: "No, we have about 3 weeks left. But it requires an annual authorization from the insurance company to continue, and Dr. Cortex's nurse put the request in last week. Do you know if they've heard anything back yet?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No. Why don't you call his office when they open in the morning and ask?"

Mrs. Insomnia: "That's a good idea. Thank you, doctor. Have a great night."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason #1 I chose to not become a doctor: I require sleep on a regular basis. Have another Diet Coke on me, Dr. G.

a.generic doc said...

You should have told her that Dr. Cortex would be on call tomorrow night and she should call him at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if she possibly just assumed that by calling you at that time she'd reach your voice mail. I've called people specifically when I know they won't answer because I don't really want to talk to them but I have a question - maybe she didn't realized you'd be paged? I hope.

MA said...

Dr. Grumpy must be Karnac's replacement.

Packer said...

You really did piss off the God's in your past lives.

Holly said...

LMAO @a.generic doc.

clairesmum said...

doesn't your answering service screen these calls?

Jnepne said...

Eh, but at least they're on top of it. Three years of working in a pharmacy and almost NO patient was ever on top of their own healthcare like that. Every time their meds required that yearly prior auth, they acted outraged and like they'd never heard of that.

Anonymous said...

You missed a golden opportunity to suggest SHE come in for a neuro evaluation for her sleep disorder.

 
Locations of visitors to this page