Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hello, telephone line

Dr. Grumpy: "How long were you unconscious?"

Mr. Shakin: "47 minutes. See, it happened while I was on the phone with my Mom. I'd just dialed her up, then I blacked out. When I came to the phone showed the call was still going on, and it was at 47 minutes. Mom was still on the other end, and driving over to my place."

Dr. Grumpy: "So then what..."

Mr. Shakin: "So, can you write a note for me? Because I only get 500 minutes a month, and want a letter for my cell phone company so they'll credit me for the 47 minutes I was out, because it wasn't my fault."

11 comments:

Reds Kevin said...

True, not his fault! Did you write the note?

Anonymous said...

You are NOT making this up, right? (Not that I'd question it, but these stories about your patients are beyond the pale of sublime ... .)

Give this guy an A+ for his attempt at 'my dog ate my homework'.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

No, I'm not making it up.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of other neurological problems, his problem solving is pretty solid!

Anonymous said...

How did we live before cell phones ?

word verification inumb

and I am

Dafeenah said...

having worked in the retail industry for 12+ yrs I have no doubt as to the possibility of every stupidity you write about being true. however i could care less whether or not what you write is true. It's funny as hell and I love it. Keep 'em coming

Anonymous said...

Would those be rollover minutes?

Tracy said...

you black out for almost an hour... and you're worried about your cell minutes?!
I work in retail as well and have no doubt these are real. People are so... well.. just like that.

Ms. Donna said...

Hey, cell minutes are expensive! If I die, I don't have to worry about them

SHC said...

I would like to see his conversation with his carrier later when he tries to get those minutes back. Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up on the notalwaysright.com blog.

History Doc said...

If we start giving every idiot credit for his blackouts on his cell bill, all of ours will go up.

 
Locations of visitors to this page