Monday, August 10, 2009

More School Follies

The kids didn't have homework after the first day, but Mrs. Grumpy and I sure did. 7 zillion pages of forms about medications, notifications, field trips, what should they do if one of them pees his pants (really!) allergies to medications, allergies to foods, allergies to medical foods, and this gem:

"Please complete this form only if you are unable to understand English, and require forms written in another language."


The only language on the form was English.

9 comments:

Joanie said...

My youngest just graduated from high school. I never have to fill out those forms, ever again! But I did, for 20 years, for 3 kids. Your time will come, faster than you think!

Anonymous said...

That's as bad as having a billboard advertising help for illiteracy.

Dani said...

Haha... they just don't think about it do they?

moody rn said...

priceless!

CrownedwithVictory said...

that is about as good as the radio ad for a literacy program: Learn to read! Call 1-800-ABCDEFG!

Unknown said...

Welkome to Amerika. Its only gonna get worse folks.

Chris said...

Do they make P.A. announcements for their deaf students?

Between the marquee and the forms, I'm thinking it's time to go talk to the people in charge. Hey, if it were MY school, I'd want to know.

Jim said...

I once received a matchbook (while buying cigarettes - I know, I know) that said, "Illiterate? We can help!"

No, I don't believe you can.

Loren Pechtel said...

It's not as unreasonable as it seems at first glance--if someone doesn't understand English they're probably going to seek help from someone who does and at that point they'll know to get forms in the right language.

It also would be of help to someone who had only limited English.

It should have writing in all the languages they have forms for, though.

 
Locations of visitors to this page