Monday, April 3, 2023

Mary's Desk

Phone rings

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mrs. Brush: "Hi, this... Brush... appointment... won't be able... there."

Mary: "Hello? Mrs. Brush? I can barely hear you. There's a lot of noise."

Mrs. Brush: "I... appointment."

Mary: "You have an appointment in 10 minutes. Is something wrong? It sounds like you're in a big storm."

Mrs. Brush: "Won't be there... stuck."

Mary: "Hello? That wind and rain are pretty loud. I can't hear you."

Mrs. Brush "I..."

 

click

few minutes pass

phone rings

 

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mr. Brush: "Hi, this is Mr. Brush, my wife just texted and asked me to call you. She has an appointment soon and won't be able to be there, she'll call later to reschedule."

Mary: "Is she okay? It sounded like she was driving through a bad storm. Did she have to leave town?"

Mr. Brush: "She's fine. She stopped to get a car wash on the way there and it broke and now her car is jammed in it and they can't turn it off to get her out for another 15 minutes."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I use this excuse next time I don't want to go to work? It's better than "The cat ate my homework" and may even be effective for people that work remotely. Hmmm....

vegakitty said...

One of the technicians who worked in the department where I worked got stuck in an elevator elsewhere in the hospital, and wasn't freed for a couple of hours.

Packer said...

I’ve been stuck in elevators a couple of times, and the fire department had to come get me out. Never in a car wash. I don’t think I’d like the car wash because with all that water sloshing around I’m sure I’d have to pee right or wrong.

 
Locations of visitors to this page