Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dear Kids,

As the weather warms up, I think it's great the 3 of you want to walk home together after school. It's about 2 miles, certainly nothing awful, and gets you home sooner than riding the bus, or waiting for me to finish at work, would.

I also think it's good you guys want to get some exercise now that the snow has gone.

BUT

Stopping about 1/3 of the way home at Kwik-E-Mart to get "snacks" of chili-dogs, candy, and slushees, then hanging out with friends there and calling me to come get you, is sort of defeating the whole idea.

9 comments:

Ms. Donna said...

Hmmmm somebody got smart. I vote Craig. Or maybe his hair.

RehabRN said...

Aww, what kind of Grumpy Gus are you, Grumpy?

Ruining all that calorie, fat, and goofiness laden fun those kids are having at your expense?

Not surprised...Bubba does the same thing if given the chance.

Thank goodness there are no stores on the way to junior high, or I'll be in trouble.

Anonymous said...

No, Dad. Hanging with friends at Kwik-E_Mart is sort of the whole idea.

Dork.

Anonymous said...

Next step, sneaking out of school to meet them there.

Take measures now.

Apparently a Parent

Packer said...

Not if they pick up your lottery tickets.

ThorMD said...

My parents always frowned on that kind of stuff too. I grew up to be a doctor who always follows the rules (cough cough)

BobF said...

On the bright side, there wasn't the aroma of cigarette smoke and Scope was there?

Anonymous said...

I remember my mother had the whole town out looking for my sister when she was in the second grade and thought that getting off the bus on the way home from school to stop at her friend's house was a good idea. We lived in the far north and she knew enough to make noises to warn away bears, but the moose and two legged creatures were a major concern.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun to me, but how long will the Kwik E Mart staff be able to tolerate all those kids hanging out, is also a question.

 
Locations of visitors to this page