Wednesday, November 14, 2012

All shook up

My cell phone rings while I'm with a patient. It's one of my call partners office.


Dr. Grumpy: "Hello? This is Dr. Grumpy."

Voice: "Please hold for Dr. Nerve." (This drives me nuts. WTF can't other doctors dial a damn phone?)

Dr. Nerve: "Hello? Ibee?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Hi. What's up?"

Dr. Nerve: "Can you trade call with me for this weekend? I just found out that my (soft voice) mumble whisper gargle is in town."

Dr. Grumpy: "That should be okay. What did you say was happening?"

Dr. Nerve: "My (whispers) mmph chz fumph is in town."

Dr. Grumpy: "I still can't hear you."

Dr. Nerve: "Hang on, let me close my office door so my staff can't hear me... I said my favorite Elvis impersonator is in town."

16 comments:

Julie said...

You've got to have something to live for, I guess!

Mary said...

Our district just voted an Elvis impersonator out of office as our one of our representatives. He was all shook up, too.

OMDG said...

That's awesome. Hey, at least the man has outside interests.

Miss Chevious said...

I think this is the single funniest thing you've ever posted on this blog! Hilarious!

Packer said...

Don't Be Cruel, Dr. Grumpy even though Dr. Nerve is nothing but a Hound Dog. Don't Ask Why---just do it.

Nurse Lilly said...

I guess his office staff has suspicious minds.

a.generic doc said...

At least his choice in call partners is better than his choice in entertainment.

Anonymous said...

was it his brother wanting Mary to send all the fax copies??

Ms. Donna said...

Some nerve!

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me his field of special interest is Parkinsons (I'm all shock up.." or seizures (Shake, rattle and roll...)










a

Jeff said...

I don't know why but I laughed so hard and so long at this one. I mean, laughing out loud for everyone to hear. I totally agree with Miss Chevious.

Anonymous said...

heh heh heh.....
You really had me going there for a minute....

Tzipora said...

Hey now, when your favorite Elvis impersonator is in town, It's Now or Never!

Anonymous said...

He must be a real devotee to have a FAVOURITE Elvis impersonator...

cliffintokyo said...

I need the same deal in reverse, to ensure that I am out of town when my mother-in-law is due for a visit!
(i.e. She is not my favorite human being impersonator)

Cliff
(She is not 'internet literate', so there is no danger she will see my comment)

Mari-Ann said...

Here's something you didn't know about me, Grumpy (and I am not making this up!) I used to be a back up singer for Elvis impersonators in the Illinois area but once in awhile we would do a convention and I'd have the privilege of backing up worldwide Elvi. I know. I'm cool.

 
Locations of visitors to this page