Saturday, January 16, 2010

Elevator Stories

My favorite drug rep and I were talking about my elevator encounter from a few days ago, and she sent me this story:


In my old job I made hospital calls to talk to cardiology nurses. One day I was in the elevator, and this short, squat, unattractive guy in scrubs got in with me.

Dr. Scrubs: "You must be a rep. What company do you work for?"

Ms. Nicerep: "Notsobig Pharma, we make cardiac surgical devices. What field are you in?"

Dr. Scrubs: "Plastic surgery is my game. Here's my card. Why don't you come by my office? I could do something about that nose and breasts of yours."

Ms. Nicerep: (GASP!): "Umm, no thanks, I'm happy with how I am..... But if that's your marketing schpiel, you might want to get some work done yourself!"

Then I got off the elevator.

11 comments:

Doris said...

What.An.Ass.

An Open Heart said...

YES.....! (gigggle, snort, giggle, gaffaw, snort!)

S

Suburban Princess said...

I went to a plastic surgeon for sinus problems and he told me he could fix my broken nose at the same time...ummm...I had never really noticed it before!

Ron said...

That's an example of ineffective social media marketing.

King J's Queen said...

Excellent comeback by the drug rep.!

Moose said...

Brilliant response to 0 clue. What a jerk.

Phathead said...

So... how were her breasts? lol

Amanda said...

Should I ever cave to my desire to hoist various body parts back to their original upright and locked positions, I think I can safely say that I will avoid any doctor with a marketing spiel like that!

Classof65 said...

A plastics rep once approached a group of us (women) in the Lab and offered to give us the implants for free if we would agree that he could watch our surgery...

mommy-medic said...

wow the problem must be on my end, but it's only on your site. I can click on your site and read for about 15 seconds then I get redirected. Never the same site either- chinaonTV.com, bestsearchworld.com, and other things???

Kimbra Kasch said...

Like I said, "not all doctors have a good bedside manner" and apparently some don't even have elevator manner(s) - I guess

 
Locations of visitors to this page