Monday, January 4, 2010

Scrubs Catalog- Part 1

Over the weekend I received a catalog from a scrubs company.

Clothing catalogs are always an oddity, at least to me. Let's face it. The people in them appear creepily happy. In most cases they show people relaxing, so they should be happy. But in the scrubs catalog this is what they wear to work. If you look that happy at work, then your Prozac dose is way too high.

But I digress.

In my area there are 5 Dr. Kumar's, all from India or Sri Lanka. They're all good guys. And none of them look anything like this Dr. Kumar.





BUT, in the very same catalog, just a few pages later, we find Beachboy McStud again, but now he's Dr. Ruckman (which, I know, is almost an anagram of Kumar).





Mrs. Grumpy commented that she'd rather see what he looks like with the scrub top off. And regardless of his name, if he's been marked down to $7.99 she'll take five.

13 comments:

Lilorfnannie said...

I'm with Mrs. Grumpy ;-) Woohoo!!

Suzanne said...

I hear you, Mrs. Grumpy! :-)

The Mother said...

My kids are waiting for the tall, gorgeous brunette in the slim jeans in the Victoria's Secret catalog to get marked down from $59.95.

They grab those things the minute they hit the mailbox.

Dani said...

The mother- My brother grabs them from the mailbox too. I never even get to see if I want to order anything from them.

Matt said...

Judging from his expression, he killed Dr.'s Kumar and Ruckman for their scrubs.

Mark In Mayenne said...

I love your blog, it's my most reliable source of a good chuckle every day.

For what it's worth, when we were kids at school, my mates (some girls included) and I would cut out the men's heads from the clothing catalogue and put them on the women in the underwear section. And vice versa.

Well, it made us laugh, anyway.

OMDG said...

Gotta love the chin pubes.

ERP said...

He should be Dr FAAABBBBUULOUS!!!!

Candice said...

What a bargain!

Maha said...

"If you look that happy at work, then your Prozac dose is way too high"

Hear hear!

And LMAO to "Chin Pubes"

River said...

Perhaps he has multiple personalities.

TracyKM said...

If my Dr Kumar had looked like that, maybe I would have kept going to him!

Just a little snarky said...

Almost all catalogs use professional models. Cheaper Than Dirt (guns and camping stuff) uses their employees for models.

 
Locations of visitors to this page