Friday, January 22, 2010

Mary's Desk, January 22, 2010

Mary: "Good morning, Dr. Grumpy's office. This is Mary."

Mr. Pancake: "Hi! This is Bill Pancake. I have an appointment with Dr. Grumpy this afternoon."

Mary: "Um, yes, at 2:15."

Mr. Pancake: "Well, I'm right across the street having breakfast, so I want to come in now."

Mary: "Let me see... I'm sorry, we're completely swamped this morning, and can't do that."

Mr. Pancake: "Well you're not very accomodating."

Mary: "I'm sorry, it's just very busy today. Normally we would."

Mr. Pancake: "That's rude! I'm already here! I don't want to have to go all the way back home."

Mary: "I thought you lived in the apartment building across the street, within walking distance?"

Mr. Pancake: "What does that have to do with it?"

12 comments:

ER's Mom said...

I think we share patients...at least the female ones.

AURGH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

"That's rude! I'm already here and dressed! I don't want to have to go all the way back home, where I will get naked and not want to go through the monumental effort of getting dressed again."

D. said...

I could understand his peculiar reluctance to come later if he had neuropathy in his feet, or if he had to cross some of the old US Routes that still have killer traffic, or if he lives in one of those states in which one Does Not Walk, but none of those sounds like the case. Perhaps he has mistaken you for the Apple store.

ERP said...

Holy crap.

The Evil Receptionist said...

Well, at least he called first.

student dr. blaze said...

wtf?! Mr. Pancake is too nice a moniker for him. You've got an awful lot of patients who take themselves way too seriously. I wonder if he's aware there's a world outside himself and that it doesn't revolve around him?

wv: repallit

Mark In Mayenne said...

I don't get it. There must be several grumpyposts per day. Are you delving into history, so the posts will eventually slow to a trickle, say one a week, or do you really get several weird things every day?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Cogitator- depends on the day.

Joann said...

WOW!!! I'm so glad your office didn't give in to him, some people think they can get whatever they want by just raising a little hell and being rude!!

terri c said...

Breakfast must have put in him mind of the old Burger King commercials--"Have It Your Way."

Julie said...

he lives within walking distance ANYWAY to your office? - *faceplant* - some people!

Anonymous said...

As a former medical secretary who literally, truly lost control of her sanity because of the pressures of the job...it's so true and it happens a bajillion times a day. Thank dog I'm collecting unemployment.

 
Locations of visitors to this page