Monday, September 21, 2020

Marriage

Dr. Grumpy: "Have you had any surgeries?"

Mr. Chole: "I had my gallbladder out."

Mrs. Chole: "Wait, I thought I was the one that had my gallbladder out?"

Mr. Chole: "No, it was definitely me. Remember? I had to miss your sister's wedding?"

Mrs. Chole: "Like you regretted that, anyway. But I thought that was for a business trip, and I had my gallbladder out at Christmas that year because your mother cooked that horribly greasy turkey and made me sick."

Mr. Chole: "At least she could cook. I'm pretty sure I'm the one that had it out, though."

Mrs. Chole: "No, it was me. I have the scar to prove it. See?"

(pulls up her shirt)

Mr. Chole: "Let's ask the doctor. Dr. Grumpy, which of us had our gallbladder out?" 

(pulls up his shirt)

Dr. Grumpy: "Uh, I'd say you both did. Can you please put your shirts down?"

(they both pull their shirts down)

Mr. Chole: "Anyway, besides that, I didn't have any other surgeries."

Mrs. Chole: "Your mother still couldn't cook."

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Well you know that's a happy marriage when they each share the others surgeries and can complaint about mothers and cooking and it doesn't come to blows. Cute story.

A. Marie said...

Obviously inspired by the photo of LBJ in the mid-60s after he had his gallbladder out. He pulled up his shirt and showed God and everybody the scar. I never felt quite the same about Life magazine after that.

Anonymous said...

Hehe.

Packer said...

Togetherness of Covid 19 produces passive aggressive competitive behaviors. I had 2 , 28 year olds without a pot to pee in insisting that the needed a pre nup before they walk down the aisle next month. When I suggested that they did not they said I was trying to break them up, so I guess they will feel better by my getting paid a fee, I know I will.

Anonymous said...

It's cute to see an older couple whose love language is bickering.

Anonymous said...

Thank God it wasn't hemorrhoid surgery.

 
Locations of visitors to this page