Thursday, January 24, 2019

Survey says

Dr. Grumpy: "So, I last saw you a week ago, when you were in the hospital for Transient Global Amnesia. How have you been doing?"

Mr. Percheron: "Fine, I guess, everything seems back to normal. I've returned to work."

Mrs. Percheron: "He's back to himself."

Dr. Grumpy: "Good."

Mr. Percheron: "I have a question, though."

Dr. Grumpy: "Go ahead."

Mr. Percheron: "What am I supposed to do with the survey the hospital sent me? It has all these questions about my stay, but I don't remember any of it."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for docs like you who have the compassion and sense of humor to keep helping people with some serious shit.

ndenunz said...

I must say, that is a fascinating diagnosis.

Packer said...

Forget about it, nothing happened

Anonymous said...

Just cheat off the person next to you.

Officer Cynical said...

"In that case, it's standard procedure to grade all services as 5 out of 5 stars."

Eileen said...

Having had two TGAs I have great sympathy! Don't bother asking me how I felt at the time either ...

Hildy said...

Right, Cynical. Because if you don't rate EVERY service as 5 stars, everyone including the Hosp. Administrator, Chief of Services, Head Dietician, Head Nurse and janitors will call to apologize abjectly.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad the system has to be rated on numbers and these 'averages' correlated with merit-based raises or other 'rewards'. It might be more useful to list a possible reason for 'happy' face ratings, and let the consumer select a reason for this or that, or provide comments. I know, I know, it's enough to just get these surveys back in the self-addressed stamped envelopes, never mind think about why or how, but still ... the tendency to provide exaggerated responses one way or the other seems so wrong when there's only 3 responses to evaluate.

 
Locations of visitors to this page