Monday, April 10, 2017

Sunday morning, 12:37 a.m.

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Mr. Phone: "Yeah, I see Dr. Nerve for my headaches, and when I had one last month he called in some Migroblast, and it was really effective. Do you know if he'll call it in next time I have a headache?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Are you having a headache, sir?"

Mr. Phone: "No, I'm fine, I haven't had one since then. I only get a few each year. But if I have one, will he call in the Migroblast again?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Why don't you call his office on Monday and ask?"

Mr. Phone: "Oh, I guess I can do that. Hey, have a good night!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love working with the public!

Packer said...

The things that keep people up at night, well the two things.

Anonymous said...

Viral marketing strikes again.

Crazy RxMan said...

Reminds me of patients that are out of refills. We tell 'em we'll fax the doctor a refill request.

"When will the doctor respond?" they ask.

Anonymous said...

I don't think a lot of people realize that doctors who are on call at night are not actually working the night shift.

Anonymous said...

"Also, do you think he likes me? Like, when you neurologists get together, does he ever say anything about me?"

 
Locations of visitors to this page