Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Full service neurology

I'm between patients when Mary tells me a doctor is on hold.


Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy."

Dr. Veoli: "Hi, this is Al Veoli, the pulmonologist across the street. We have a mutual patient, Don Epazil, who you're seeing for memory problems?"

Dr. Grumpy: "What's up?"

Dr. Veoli: "I'm not sure what to do here. I guess he was going to haul his clothes to the cleaners, but got the addresses mixed up. He took the bus here, and now he's out in the waiting room, trying to give bags of dirty duds to my staff."

Dr. Grumpy: "I'm sorry. His son lives with him, but is out of town this week. Tell him to come over here. I'll call his sister, who's handling this stuff."

Dr. Veoli: "He's showing stains to people in my lobby asking how to get them out. One nice lady is trying to give him pointers. I don't think she realizes what she's dealing with."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay. Direct him here, and I'll give his family a ring."

Dr. Veoli: "Thanks. Sorry to bother you."

10 minutes later

Mary: "Hey, doc, Mr. Epazil is up front with 3 bags of dirty clothes. He says he was supposed to bring them here to have them done? Laundry WAS NOT in my job description."

8 comments:

jimbo26 said...

Lol . Well done Mary .

RehabNurse said...

LOL! So glad he's not a Hotel customer...we'd probably end up doing it. (have once or twice).

It's the perils of having a washer and dryer on your rehab unit. Ugh!

Steph said...

Very sweet of you to take care of him and the situation.

Your Doctor's Wife said...

See?!!! And people think we only do things for a co-pay.

Anonymous said...

Is Medicare reimbursing for laundry these days? If so, I bet some providers would change specialties.

Anonymous said...

Easy on the starch Mary!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story. At least the man is somehow in a friendly state of delusion.

cliffintokyo said...

Its so difficult to resist taking some dudes to the cleaners!

 
Locations of visitors to this page