Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mary's desk

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mrs. Troponin: "I need to make an appointment with Dr. Grumpy."

Mary: "Okay, we can see you next Thursday, at 10:00."

Mrs. Troponin: "That sounds great!"

Mary: "What will you be coming in for?"

Mrs. Troponin: "I'm having chest pain when I go up stairs, and my internist told me to see a cardiologist."

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy is a neurologist. He doesn't see this kind of thing."

Mrs. Troponin: "I know, but I can't find a cardiologist who takes my insurance and can get me in this week."

Mary: "Well, you'll have to call your internist about that... But Dr. Grumpy isn't what you're looking for. I'll cancel the appointment and..."

Mrs. Troponin: "How about if I say I'm coming in for foot numbness or something. Will he treat my chest pain then, if I just kind of mention it?"

Mary: "No. Call your internist."

8 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

Always love your blog! Thanks for allowing me to be a fly on the wall in your world. :)

Heather Lynn
www.heatherlynnosting.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's the ER again...

thethingspatientssay said...

Just open that magic neurology bag that all you guys carry and cath him in the office. Don't think we don't know you have all sorts of tools in there.

Anonymous said...

Seems like Mary gets to take a daily visit with the folks from Stupidsville. She should refer such people to a proctologist, someone who specializes in asses.

Anonymous said...

ah, I slipped and fell on the ice and broke my wrist. Dr. Grumpy, do you think you could reduce it and put a cast on it??

Whelk Lad! said...

The eternal conflict between the heart and the head...

Anonymous said...

C'mon Grumpy - I bet you have electrodes and cables and a machine that makes funny squiggles on paper when they are all hooked together. Be a mensch! Stick them on her chest instead of her head and - - -

Dr. Grumpy, that's not nice. I was talking about the EEG cables. You are holding the EMG cables with the needles on them - and get that wicked grin off your face! Tricia

Anonymous said...

Dr. Grumpy would love to see you, but your insurance company won't take him if it's for cardiology.

 
Locations of visitors to this page