The last patient of the day:
1. Shows up late, and wants to tell you the 10 minute story of why they're late. And/or wants to spend 10 minutes in the bathroom before the appointment starts.
2. Wants to read the required HIPAA privacy form word-for-word and ask questions, even though it's identical to the one every other doctor and hospital in the country use.
3. Has a new insurance card. And forgot to bring it.
4. Forgot to bring the insurance authorization for the visit, and the doctor who issued it closed earlier in the day.
5. Left their (MRI reports/lab reports/small child) in the car, and and has to go back to get them, and has no fucking idea where they parked.
6. Doesn't want to start the appointment until their spouse/child/parent arrives, and has no idea where they are. Or what their cell phone number is.
7. Has a new address, and needs to fill out the forms for it.
8. Needs a shitload of tests ordered.
9. Needs a bunch of prescriptions written, with both 30-day (local pharmacy) and 90-day (mail-in) scripts written for every damn drug.
10. Makes all who have contact with them want to strangle them.