Monday, April 5, 2010

Frazzled Farmacy

I had to stop at Local Pharmacy tonight to pick up a Sarcasma prescription for Frank (yes, now my kid is on it, too).


Pharmacy guy: "What's the name?"

Dr. Grumpy: "My son, Frank Grumpy."

Pharmacy guy: "Hang on... Here we are. Okay, has your kid ever taken Flagyl before?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No, but it's not Flagyl, it's Sarcasma."

Pharmacy guy: "No, it's Flagyl, I have it here, and it looks like there's another script for birth control pills. Has she ever been on those, either?"

Dr. Grumpy: "You've got the wrong script."

Pharmacy guy: "Well, it has her name on it."

Dr. Grumpy: "HE! The name is Frank Grumpy!"

Pharmacy: "Wait a sec... Oh, sorry. These are for Fran Grumpay, just sounded alike."


For those of you who didn't see the prescription drug that keeps me under control the last time I put it up...

(click to enlarge)

17 comments:

PediRx said...

That's why they're supposed to use two patient identifiers! :)
At least he asked you if the patient had taken it before.

Susan said...

By the makers of Fukitol....

Anonymous said...

And this is exactly why I always ask the patient's date of birth.

pharmacy chick said...

I probably need it, but I love my sarcasm. I embrace my sarcasm..and i think my sarcasm loves me back! without it I would have nothing...

Anonymous said...

Oohhh.. HIPPA violation.

ER's Mom said...

Ahhh, the ever popular combo of BCPs and Flagyl.

I write it often. ;)

OMDG said...

Does Fran have BV/trich? Ya think?

The Mother said...

We had a family in town that had the same kid, the same age, with the same name.

I had to switch pharmacies.

Anonymous said...

I can not stand the side effects of taking "Sarcasma." being nice.

Jennifer George said...

Picking up a prescription:

Me: Last name's George
Pharmacy Tech: Do you spell that with a G or a J?
Me: Uh, G?
PT: A lot of people spell it with a J. That's why I asked.

Anonymous said...

Been on Sarcasma for 2 years, doesn't work but looks neat on my Cheerios.

The Good Cook said...

This drug could have saved me my job! Where was it years ago?

Anonymous said...

Please don't be a sarcastic bitch when you come in my pharmacy.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I didn't think I was.

The Redheaded Pharmacist said...

I think I fill a lot of Sacasma scripts for patients that happen to be postal workers! Weird huh!

RehabNurse said...

Dr. Grumpy:

Thank goodness I didn't have my beer in my mouth while reading the Sarcasma ad....I was totally ROFL.

I will have to take this to work now...oh, irony of ironies...perhaps it should go in the med room.

Anonymous said...

Okay I *really* need some of that Sarcasma before I start clinicals.

 
Locations of visitors to this page