Monday, April 6, 2009

Torturing Your Child

So, Grumpy fans, a catalog of various medical supplies showed up in today's mail (addressed to "Physician Occupant" no less).

It included this remarkable device. According to the caption, the purpose of this thing is to "comfortably help children sleep" who have breathing problems when lying on their backs.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't see how any of my kids would "comfortably" lie face down in this thing for more then, say, 5 seconds, unless I used duct tape to hold them there.

(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

Jen said...

How come the guy in the pic looks like he's about 40 yrs old?

Anonymous said...

Er...
It looks like the prone positioning pillows we use in the OR. I can only guess "sleep" was a euphemism for something else, as you can see the channel for the ventilator tubing.

 
Locations of visitors to this page