Saturday, April 18, 2009

McD Bozos

Okay, Grumpy fans. Last night Mrs. Grumpy asked me to get a bag of ice on the way home. Since there's a McDonald's on the way, I stopped there (yes, you can get a bag of ice at McD's. It's a little known secret).

So I went in and asked for a bag of ice. The McBimbo got it out of the freezer and brought it to the counter, then asked me (Really!) "Is this to go, or are you gonna it eat it here?"

I was so stunned I didn't answer, so she said "I'll just give it to ya for here." So she put the bag on a plastic tray with some napkins, and rang me up. She even charged me the 8-cent tax for eating it on the premises.

(click to enlarge)

6 comments:

Rx Intern said...

Maybe she thought you just wanted to munch on some ice and chill out!

I see one problem with this whole story...you didn't get any apple pie! Maybe that's why she charged you the extra 8 cents, because you didn't order any apple pie!

Soccer Mom In Heels said...

Great secret McIce. I need to remember that!

Cori said...

Actually, the "Eat In" tax is just sales tax. If you had said to-go, it would have said "Take Out" tax. It's just another way for the runner to identify if the food needs to be put on a tray or in a bag.

I put in 3 miserable years in high school/college, and answered this question many times.

retail sales said...

did you really use a credit card for under a dollar?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Yes, I ashamedly admit I did. I had no cash at all on me that day.

Julie said...

hehehehe .. just discovered your blog and was reading through the archives. Although i've enjoyed many of the posts this one had me in hysterics ...

 
Locations of visitors to this page