Sunday, August 9, 2026

Driving in circles

Mr. Epazil: "Hello?" 

Mary: "Hi, Don. This is Mary, at Dr. Grumpy's office. I'm just calling to confirm your appointment for 8:30 tomorrow morning." 

Mr. Epazil: "Actually I'm glad you called. I need to make an appointment to see Dr. Grumpy."

Mary: "You have an appointment for tomorrow morning. Will that work for you?"

Mr. Epazil: "It should... Actually, I may need to reschedule. It looks like I already have an appointment for 8:30 tomorrow, with my neurologist."

Mary: "That's Dr. Grumpy, so you're good."

Mr. Epazil: "Where are you calling from, anyway?"

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office."

Mr. Epazil: "What kind of doctor is he?"

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy is a neurologist."

Mr. Epazil: "Okay... That sounds like a good idea. Can I make an appointment to see him?  

 

8 comments:

bobbie said...

Help definitely needed ~ please make him an appoint.!!
bobbie

MarieQ said...

Oh dear. Gotta hope that he has someone who can get him there safely and also retain any information that you provide.

John Woolman said...

If one ever wonders why neurology has been described as “The Dismal Science”, that patient’s sad prognosis is the answer. Keynes rightly said “In tthe long run we are all dead” but their are better ways of getting there than the hell of years of dementia.

Anonymous said...

So, did he show up in the end?

Poindexter Frejbisz said...

"Dr. Grumpy's not here."

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS try to have surgical problems. They're no fun, but beat everything else.

Anonymous said...

Woke him from a nap

Anonymous said...

Think he's still napping. Though to be fair, it seems he did locate the phone in his sleep.

 
Locations of visitors to this page