Monday, May 8, 2017

Saturday

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Ms. Myelin: "Hi, I see you for Multiple Sclerosis, and I'm on that drug you inject with a special pen?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes?"

Ms. Myelin: "I need to get 4 new pens ordered for the month. The ones I have are all broken, so I'm going to run out."

Dr. Grumpy: "A month's worth of injector pens were all broken?"

Ms. Myelin: "No. I mean yes. I mean, they are now."

Dr. Grumpy: "Did they get shipped to you broken?"

Ms. Myelin: "I don't think so."

Dr. Grumpy: "So how are they all broken?"

Ms. Myelin: "Well, for Cinco de Mayo me and my girlfriends were at the Smashed Iguana. They were having tequila shot specials, and they do that thing where they pour margaritas right in your mouth? Anyway, we came back to my place to crash, and while we were sitting around Ashley said she'd been meaning to get her ears pierced in new places. Amy volunteered, cause she once did her own when she was in high school and said she'd been meaning to do the same. But I didn't have anything that would really work, then remembered I had my MS drug injector pens and they have pretty sharp needles, so we..."

Dr. Grumpy: "You used MS injector pens to pierce your ears?"

Ms. Myelin: "Well, yes. I mean, on a Friday night at 11:30 it's not like the place at the mall was open."

Dr. Grumpy: "I'll talk to Annie and get back to you on Monday."

12 comments:

Officer Cynical said...

Dr. Grumpy: "You used MS injector pens to pierce your ears?"

Ms. Myelin: "No, not my ears. Let's see if you can guess where."

Old RPh said...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anonymous said...

Only if she pays cash off her insurance plans.

Moose said...

I use my syringes to play darts. What? That's not normal?!

(You have to fill them first, though, or they fly everywhere.)

Tarquin "R.J." Toffeebridge V said...

"We could have gone to the 24-hour piercing and tattoo parlor in the hipster part of town, but that would have meant waking up Ashley, and we wanted to surprise her."

Crazy RxMan said...

Can you imagine all the ibuprofen Dr. Grumpy takes for his sore neck from shaking his head all day long?

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't share needles.

Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S what I call doing shots.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'm really surprised why people don't lie. She could have said she had a party, a drunk friend found her syringes and broke them. That would be more than enough information. If she felt more detail was necessary, stealing from Moose, her friend used them to play darts before you knew what was going on. I wouldn't make such a dumb decision in the first place, but I wouldn't admit such stupidity to anyone let alone a doctor who has the power to help get insurance to pay for something like that like slightly changing the prescription to get it covered.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she used them as novelty cocktail stirrers.

Packer said...

On balance prohibition sounds like a pretty good plan.

Mage said...

LOL

 
Locations of visitors to this page