Saturday, August 6, 2011

Random Saturday pictures

All right, today I'm presenting a selection of pictures that you Grumpy fans have sent in recently:


First, here's a picture from a reader currently traveling in China, who noticed this window as he passed a building:





Next, moving closer to home, we find this interestingly-titled dog salon. With a name like that, one has to wonder what Tim's idea of "full service" is. And if it involves the store's rear entrance.






And last, we at Dr. Grumpy, Inc. wish to salute Hoboken, New Jersey. The city is boldly taking a stand to eliminate the stigma often associated with being a mentally healthy person.


10 comments:

OMDG said...

Aw, poor Hoboken folks! They're just having a hard time dealing with living with the stigma of not living in Manhattan. Life is so tough as a bridge and tunnel-er.

Dr. Tonya said...

Darn it! Now someone tells me I could have sold my gallstones. Sheesh. I wish I would have known their investment potential when I had 20+ gallstones AND my gallbladder removed in April! :)

Anonymous said...

The doggie style groomer pic conjures up all kinds of naughty thoughts but then I guess I have a dirty mind.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Hoboken has figured out that it's stigma-free. Does 'it' come in a bottle, or has legislation passed for treating mental illness the same way as cardiac disease, or does 'it' come after passing a test with a gold certificate, or it there 100% viewing of 'One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest' or 'A Beautiful Mind' or 'Rain Man' and written the report. Or, has everyone lived in a homeless shelter for a day?

Anonymous said...

I wonder if my blog 'Eunoia' would go down well in Hoboken?

jimbo26 said...

In the UK , we have a place called Lewisham , that under the Labour party many years ago was " Nuclear Free " .

Anonymous said...

New Zealand is nuclear-free! Well, except that we can't figure out how to turn the sun off.

cliffintokyo said...

I wonder what they do with gallstones?
(OK, I don't REALLY want to know, especially if it is, like, really.......artisanal)

PA Honeybee said...

I want to know why any decent person would name their grooming business "Doggy Style" and not think about the obvious association of that name. That is just an invitation for pervs.

Caddie said...

Just found you! Finally a blog to give me some laughs. The 'gallstone sign' picture was quite interesting. In America, some bear hunters ILLEGALLY deal in the gallstones - sold to China. What they are used for - I forget. Think it is an aphrodisiac.

 
Locations of visitors to this page