Friday, August 5, 2011

Annie's desk, August 4, 2011

Annie: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Annie."

Ms. Loud: "HI! IS BILL GRUMPY THERE?"

Annie: "No, this is Ibee Grumpy's office. There's no Bill here."

Ms. Loud: "I NEED BILL. CAN YOU AT LEAST SEE IF SOMEONE NAMED BILL GRUMPY WORKS THERE? HE USED TO LIVE IN CHICAGO, IF THAT HELPS."

Annie: "Sorry, there's no Bill here, and Dr. Grumpy isn't from Chicago."

Ms. Loud: "OH NO! OKAY, I'M TRYING TO CALL EVERYONE NAMED GRUMPY THAT I CAN FIND IN THE COUNTRY TO SEE IF HE MAY BE THERE. MAYBE THEY'RE RELATED TO EACH OTHER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I'M HAVING TO USE PHONE BOOKS BECAUSE THE DOG BROKE MY COMPUTER AND WON'T LET ME HAVE IT FIXED."

Annie: "Okay, well good luck, bye."

Ms. Loud: "WAIT! DON'T HANG UP. I NEED TO ASK YOU A FAVOR."

Annie: "What can I do for you?"

Ms. Loud: "IS BILL GRUMPY ALSO A DOCTOR? OR JUST IBEE GRUMPY?"

Annie: "I have no idea about Bill. You're the one looking for him, so you should know."

Ms. Loud: "I DIDN'T THINK SO, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE HE EVER TOLD ME HE WASN'T, SO I'M NOT SURE."

Annie: "Okay, have a nice day..."

Ms. Loud: "HANG ON! IF BILL GRUMPY DOES SHOW UP THERE CAN YOU PLEASE TELL HIM THAT ANGIE LOVES HIM?"

Annie: "Will do. Goodbye."

9 comments:

ER Murse said...

Lonely people with telephones and lots of time. Makes me think of 'Operator' by Jim Croce. Only louder.

Wayne Conrad said...

Dr. Grumpy, You gave her a false first name but your real last name? Don't they teach you anything in medical school?

Gil Brumpy said...

See? This is why I never give my real name or phone number to one-night-stands that I pick up in airport bars.

The Merry said...

I want to know why the dog wouldn't let her get the computer fixed.

Anonymous said...

I love you, too, but I'm not telling you where I live.

Debbie said...

Annie is quite obviously a saint.

C said...

that kind of stuff works in South Dakota...found a college friend that way...

Mockingbird said...

Wait a minute- I'm Bill Grumpy. DOCTOR Bill Grumpy.

Anonymous said...

If I were her dog, I wouldn't let her get her computer fixed either. She's annoying enough when she just has phone books.

 
Locations of visitors to this page