Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tacos for 99 cents, IQ of Far Less

We like a local place's fish tacos, and Tuesdays are 99 cent fish taco days. So after picking up the kids at camp, I stopped to get a bunch (is school the plural for fish tacos?) for dinner.

My kids noticed a large fish tank inside and went to check it out. Frank yelled "Look Dad! A fish tank"

I said, "that's where they get the fish tacos from". Frank laughed and told me I was silly, while I went to order

The bozo at the cash register looked at me and said "Actually, sir, all our fish is from the ocean and delivered here. The ones in the aquarium are just for decoration".

8 comments:

WWWebb said...

I could send you pictures of a very nice restaurant in Guangzhou where there's a section that looks like part of a pet store. Aquaria, and plastic bins with live eels and such.

You can also find things like this in a few places in San Francisco's Chinatown.

We think *we* know fresh from the tank at Red Lobster?

Ha!

ladytruth said...

Maybe the lad should do his good deed for the day and just keep his mouth shut ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to go all GrammarPolice on you, but the plurality of tacos is, well, TACOS. An apostrophe is used to indicated possession or used in contractions.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Good point, my error. I fixed it.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a Gary Larsen cartoon...

Lobsters in a tank at a restaurant in the background, all with their little claws up against the glass.

Foreground, diners feasting on lobster.

Caption: "They got Ted!"

BWAHahahahahahaha!

>:)

D

Chris said...

Obviously, sarcasm is not a key skill that the Rubio's management looks for in its employees. Too bad, really.

Miss Chevious said...

The sad part is, Mr. Fish Tacos probably has his OWN blog, and it's reading something like this:

"Last night at work some idiot came in to get some fish tacos and told his son that we get the fish for our tacos from the fish tank we have in the restaurant. What a doofus!"

Sigh.

Funnyrunner said...

LOL. Oy. Hard to believe some people have a driver's license. Guess thqat's why he works at taco bell....

Checking out your blog at the recommendation of Chris at maugeritaville.

thanks for the chuckles. and don't worry. I won't ask you for medical advice - my best friend is an internist so I shamelessly use her for free medical advice. :)

 
Locations of visitors to this page