Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday reruns

Saturday morning.


Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Miss Myelin: "Yeah, I see Dr. Cortex for my MS, and I woke up today with blurry vision, and I can barely walk."

Dr. Grumpy: "Have you had this before?"

Miss Myelin: "No, it's new. When my MS acts up Dr. Cortex usually admits me to the hospital for IV steroids."

Dr. Grumpy: "That's standard. I think you need to go to ER, and I'll likely admit you."

Miss Myelin: "Are you kidding? I don't have time for that shit."

Dr. Grumpy: "Excuse me?"

Miss Myelin "I don't have time for that. Can I schedule them for next week, like Wednesday or Thursday?"

Dr. Grumpy: "I suppose, but you'll have to call Dr. Cortex on Monday and... Look, if you're not going to let me help you, why did you even call on the weekend, anyway?"

Miss Myelin: "Because I thought it might need urgent treatment."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was hoping that you'd order me the alternative therapy."

evodevo said...

Ahh ... Does MS lower the IQ as one of its sequelae lol

Astrolabe Silverwax said...

"Because off-peak calling times are cheaper with my cell plan."

Packer said...

I came down with UC, I define urgency differently.

clairesmum said...

Then why did you call me, if you weren't planning to take any of my medical guidance unless it was 'convenient'?

 
Locations of visitors to this page