Monday, June 22, 2015

Mary's desk

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Mr. Angry: "Hi, I need to make an appointment to see Dr. Grumpy."

Mary: "Okay, let me get my schedule up... What insurance do you have?"

Mr. Angry: "Health Security, Inc."

Mary: "Hmmm, hang on. I've never heard of that one, let me get my list out."

Mr. Angry: "YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF HEALTH SECURITY? IT'S ONE OF THE BIGGEST INSURANCE COMPANIES OUT THERE! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR OFFICE?!!!"

Mary: "I'm sorry, it's just not one I've gotten a lot of calls on. Let me just look through my list of companies we're contracted with and..."

Mr. Angry: "The hell with you people. I could drop dead while you're looking at your list."

(click)

10 comments:

bobbie said...

Ya dodged another one, Mary ~ Good for you!

Candi said...

Someone introduced me to an xkcd comic the other day that made the point that for every person who knows something, 10,000 don't know that very thing. And that includes "the biggest" whatever.

Sounds like your office dodged a bullet with this guy. Mary's a sweetheart for not telling these people where to shove it, really.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my pet peeves. If insurance coverage is a criteria, then I lead with, "Do you take x insurance?" If I lead with, "I'd like to make an appointment," then the discussion should be about coordinating our calendars. It just shouldn't be that difficult to say, "I'd be happy to schedule an appointment for you. If you want us to bill your insurance for that appointment, I'll need to get that information from you now."

Ms. Donna said...

Well,did he? Drop dead, I mean. ;-)

Glad Mary dodged that bullet for you. ( I have said she deserves a raise, right?)

D said...

One can only hope.

Packer said...

The entire world is angry with the entire world, it does not bode well for the survival of the species. We all need to take it down a notch in the hope that we remember that we are all in this together.

The Condign Gentleman said...

Viral marketing at its finest...

Anonymous said...

HE just realized he had "the card" for his home security system...

Anonymous said...

Diagnosis: out-of-control rage.

Justa Dude said...

I have to laugh when people get talked into the cheapest lousiest medicare advantage plan and then still have no clue when they cant see the doctors they want and cant get the medications they need

 
Locations of visitors to this page