Monday, March 25, 2013

Perseveration

Mrs. Map: "Sorry I'm late, I had trouble finding your office. My iPhone gave me weird directions."

Dr. Grumpy: "That's okay. What bring you in to see me?"

Mrs. Map: "Well I..."

Siri: "Please turn right on 24th street, then continue west."

Dr. Grumpy: "Was that your phone?"

Mrs. Map: "Um, yeah, I guess she's still trying to get me to your office."

Siri: "Please turn right on 24th street, then continue west."

Dr. Grumpy: "Siri! She found it!"

Mrs. Map: "I don't know how to turn it off."

Siri: "Please turn right on 24th street, then continue west."

I reached over and turned off the phone.

Mrs. Map: "Wow! That bitch drives me nuts!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that was the only aggravation that day for poor Ms. Map. Makes one wonder if she had to take a nap as soon as she got home, or if the good doctor made sure his patient knew the little secret turning off a Siri.

Anonymous said...

If you didn't turn the phone off, Siri would probably say "after the appointment, you and Mrs Map will go to France."

Siri said...

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

Anonymous said...

So where's that switch on those irritating kids when they don't shutup then Mr... er, Dr. Smarty Pants?

Geez! And you call yourself a neuterologist!

Anonymous said...

Did you show her how to turn it on again?

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's really funny. It WOULD drive you around the bend.

 
Locations of visitors to this page