Sunday, March 29, 2009

True Love in the ICU

Hi, grumpy fans. Your hero was on call this weekend.

This morning I was called to evaluate a 23 year-old female who was found
floating face down in her pool. Probable suicide attempt, with brain damage.

While I was writing my chart note a nurse came over to tell me that the
patient's fiancé was on the phone, and wanted to talk to a doctor about
what was going on. I picked up the phone and had the following
conversation:

Dr. Grumpy: "Hello?."

Mr. Fiancé: "Yeah, are you the doctor taking care of my fiancé, Jane Doe?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes sir, what can I do for you?"

Mr. Fiancé: "Are her car keys there? 'Cause it's my car, and I need it back."

Dr. Grumpy: (astounded) "No sir, there aren't any car keys here."

Mr. Fiancé: "Well, did she leave a note saying where the car keys were, or where she left my car parked? I need it, because I have stuff to do today."

Dr. Grumpy: "No, sir, nothing like that"

Mr. Fiancé: "Well, you're no help to me" (hung up the phone).

2 comments:

Kim said...

I guess I would try to off myself too if the best guy I could find to marry was that ass, aka Mr. Compassion.

btw, love your blog. Great sense of humor.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Thank you. Feel free to share my site with anyone you think would enjoy it.

 
Locations of visitors to this page