Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back to the Salt Mines

So within 48 hours of me getting home, I got dragged in to the hospital. One of my office patients had a stroke on a weekend. Can you believe the nerve? They should schedule this sort of thing in advance.

Anyway, I wandered into the doctor's lounge, where the TV was off. This is a remarkable event. The TV in there is ALWAYS on, usually turned to CNN or ESPN or MSNBC.

So the giant TV is quiet, with a little sign taped to it that says "The cable box will be fixed on 3-23."

In spite of this, there were 3 (count 'em! 3!) docs sprawled across chairs in front of the electronic deity, just as if it were on! Staring at the blank screen, and occasionally mumbling to each other how they wish it would be fixed today!

Does this seem odd to anyone else out there?

3 comments:

John said...

"in to" ... you mean "into", or has something changed? I can be out of touch...

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Damned if I know. I got a "D" in 7th grade English.

RageDino said...

Depends - how long had they been on-call? I can definitely understand staring off into nothing, particularly if that nothing used to be something entertaining.

 
Locations of visitors to this page