Saturday, September 26, 2026

Seven Degrees

Annie: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Annie."

Mr. Caller: "Hi, I've been referred to an allergist, and they can't see me for 6 weeks. I was hoping Dr. Grumpy might be able to help me get in sooner if he calls over there."

Annie: "Did Dr. Grumpy refer you to the allergist?"

Mr. Caller: "No, I..."

Annie: "Wait... I'm not finding you in our system. Are you a patient of Dr. Grumpy's?"

Mr. Caller: "Um, not really, no."

Annie: "Then why are you calling us? Call the doctor who referred you to the allergist."

Ms. Caller: "Actually, I referred myself to them because my internist didn't think I needed to see an allergist. A few years ago I was visiting a friend who was in the hospital, and Dr. Grumpy was covering for the neurologist who was seeing him that weekend, so I thought he'd be a good place to start with this."

12 comments:

John Woolman said...

Perhaps WPATH might have been able to facilitate Mr/Ms Caller’s appointment with an allergist…

bobbie said...

O! my word!! The nerve!!
bobbie

Poindexter Frejbisz said...

"Also, I'm going to Berlin next month, and I was wondering if he knows any of the doormen at Berghain?"

Anonymous said...

"Oh, and my son is applying to med schools this year, so I was wondering if he could write a letter of recommendation?"

Anonymous said...

"Oh, and does he have a Netflix password I could use?"

Anonymous said...

"Finding random doctors to ask for favors was so much easier back in the days when phone books were still a thing."

vegakitty said...

I used to work for Inpatient Records doing medical transcription. One day my dad called me and chewed me out because he couldn't get through to Family Practice. I pointed out that if he couldn't reach them there was nothing I could do about it. I asked for the number he'd used to call them, and it was the same number I had, so I couldn't help him. He then asked me to go to Family Practice and tell them to call him, and I refused. If it had been a real emergency I'd have told him to call 911, but he was only trying to make a follow-up appointment.

Anonymous said...

Say what! That's not how it works.

Anonymous said...

"Actually, the person I was visiting in the hospital wasn't someone I knew myself, but I'd overheard a couple of people on the bus discussing him."

Packer said...

Honor thy father and thy mother, don’t give them more reasons to cut you out of the Will. More than they already have.

Packer said...

Take 50 bucks, hit the allergy aisle at Walgreens , some result

Anonymous said...

"It would be so much easier if the allergist would just swipe right on Tinder."

 
Locations of visitors to this page