Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Thud

Dr. Grumpy: "So... this visit is to follow-up on how you're doing with the medication - Fliniberzap - that I prescribed about a month ago."

Ms. Headdesk: "Yeah."

Dr Grumpy: "It's been a month, so how are you doing?"

Ms. Headdesk: "I'm not any better... I mean, I filled the scrip, but then I left it in a rental car and returned the car."

Pause

Dr. Grumpy: "So you haven't started it?"

Ms. Headesk: "Not really, I mean... no."

Dr. Grumpy: "Why didn't you just call so we could send a new script in?"

Ms. Headdesk: "I left your phone number in the car, too."

8 comments:

bobbie said...

Cue Dr. G bashing his head against a wall...

Packer said...

I have a memory that is steel trap, I literally forget nothing, not where I placed something, appointment, dates, things to be done. I have an assistant who literally can’t remember that Wednesday follows Tuesday. I wonder sometimes if she remembers my name is something other than Boss. It makes for interesting dynamic in office and has made me become a patient person. How hard must life be for those lacking basic memory.

Anonymous said...

Somewhere out there is an employee of the car rental company, selling fliniberzap pills to other millennials. And if they like it, they'll be calling your office seeking refills.

Anonymous said...

"Now that I think of it, this may also explain why I haven't seen my husband in the last month."

Anonymous said...

"I also left my money and my insurance card in the car, so I hope you weren't planning on getting paid for this visit."

Vincenzo della Vodka said...

"The funny thing is that it wasn't even my rental car."

Egilius van Genever said...

"Which reminds me- if anyone from the police calls you asking about a bank heist, you don't know anything."

Gary Numan said...

That's why you should never return a rental car. I've been telling everyone for years that being in a car is the only way to live, but do they listen?

 
Locations of visitors to this page