Monday, October 23, 2023

Six Degrees

Dr. Grumpy: "This is Dr. Grumpy, returning a page."

Mr. Bacon: "Hi, Dr. Grumpy, I need to get in to see Dr. Needle urgently, and she's booked out for 3 months. I was hoping you could call her office and ask them to work me in?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Did I refer you there? Are you one of my patients? I'm not finding you in the system."

Mr. Bacon: "No, but I'm a friend of one of your patients, Heddy Paine."

Dr. Grumpy: "Look, I really can't help you... She's not in the system either."

Mr. Bacon: "Well, she says she saw you a year or two ago. She was visiting her uncle in the hospital, and says you were talking to a nurse outside the room of the patient next door."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't know??? As long as you stay within 6 degrees of separation, you're able to consider Kevin Bacon your patient!

Anonymous said...

"Honestly, it's all she ever talks about."

mary beth said...

But I read your blog. Can't you work me in this afternoon?

Vinnie Vodka said...

"Also, she's not so much a friend of mine as someone I overheard talking at the grocery store and identified by taking her photo and uploading it to Google Image Search."

Packer said...

That was not just a NURSE, that was his wife.

 
Locations of visitors to this page