Monday, July 13, 2020

Weekend on call

Dr. Grumpy: "Hi, I'm Dr. Grumpy. What's going on that landed you here?"

Mr. Paganica: "Well, Doc, me and the boys were playing golf. On the 6th hole I noticed my left leg was weak, and by the 8th hole my left arm wasn't working, either. It got better for a bit, but came back on the 12th hole, and on the 14th hole my buddy said my speech was slurred, too. It hadn't gotten better by the end of the 18th hole, so we decided to skip the drinks and they brought me to the hospital to get it checked out."

10 comments:

Officer Cynical said...

A man's gotta know his priorities.

bobbie said...

Just remember ~ ya can't cure stupid!

gloriap said...

Better late then never? (Old golfers never die, they just start playing 9 hole courses.)

Ms. Donna said...

I know golfers like that.

Antibubba said...

That's what's known as a "penalty stroke".

Unknown said...

That would have been my dad. a golfer and stubborn as heck. After carrying sacks and sacks of bark and dirt around the house on a very hot day, my dad fainted in the kitchen. My mom, over his objections, called 911. When I got to the emergency room he was really ticked off (a better word describes what he was but this is a family blog). He was ready to leave but I told him Medicare wouldn't pay for the visit unless he was there for five hours. Not only was he a golfer and stubborn as heck, he was cheap. He stayed.

John Woolman said...

Doc: How do you feel?

Mr P: A bit below par, doc...

CatCube said...

Huh. I always thought this comic was just a joke:
https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/08/15

Anonymous said...

My brother has kept mum about his visit then....

The Scrivener said...

So... outside the tPA window, then?

 
Locations of visitors to this page