Monday, July 15, 2024

Fore

Mr. Lewy was brought in by his son.

 

Dr. Grumpy: "So, what happened? I mean, I spoke to the police earlier, but want to..."

Son: "A neighbor called the police, Dad was chasing invisible people down the street, screaming at them and waving a golf club."

Mr. Lewy: "There were people all over the house! And in my yard! And they were having a party, and I told them to leave, and they wouldn't! So I told them to get out or I was going to clobber them, and when they didn't I chased them outside and down the street!"

Son: "The police calmed him down and searched the house and yard, there were no signs of anyone besides Dad. They also took away the golf club."

Mr. Lewy: "It wasn't just a golf club. It was a 3-wood. And I need it back before the tournament next week."

Son: "Dad, you aren't in a tournament next week."

Dr. Grumpy: "Okay, so..."

Son: "And it was a 9-iron, not a 3-wood."

Mr. Lewy: "I'm not that far gone. It was a 3-wood. Know your damn Callaways."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad but funny!

Packer said...

Just looked at the ads that populate your Internet feeds, and you will see that there are hundreds if not millions of baby boomers fearing the situation. I had a terrible dream last night, simply awful. I awakened, and wondered seriously if I was losing my mind, it was that disturbing. Thankfully, I was able to pull myself together and sort it out, and I came to believe that a situation occurring involving somebody very close to me, is weighing heavily on my thought process, causing a disturbance in my sleep, but the fear of losing the mind that’s heavy. Families, public servants, medical staff will have to deal with this heavy burden. Good luck folks.

Anonymous said...

But it was actually a Titleist!

Anonymous said...

This one hit hard. We went through similar scenarios with Mom. Moving her to memory care only eased the risks slightly. It is heartbreaking.

Oddly, even with a dementia diagnosis and outrageous behavior stemming from hallucinations, her doctors (PCP, neurologist, neurosurgeon, and a few others) would not pull her drivers license. Did you pull his?

gloriap said...

So sad. The various dementias, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other neuro conditions are tragic for the patient and family involved. Progression varies but there is little respite for caregivers and so little hope. "Mr. Lewy" is everyone's nightmare.

 
Locations of visitors to this page