Monday, April 12, 2021

New grad

Message left on Annie's voicemail: 

"Hi, this is Jenny, uh, Belli. I work for, like, Big Law Firm, and I really am an attorney, I mean, the lawyer kind (giggles). I hear good things about your doctor, I mean everyone says so, and I was wondering if he sees patients, I mean, clients, well, I mean, my client, and if he like, does reports and things and stuff like that. You know, like, legal reports that I can use for his case.  My client has a, uhmmm, what does he have,  hold on, oh I am really messing this up (giggles). Oh here it is he had, like, a brain injury.  So can you call me if this is okay and I can send Dr. Grumpy, you know, records and stuff, and that will explain this better. 867-5309 is my cell number, and he can, like, call me too. “

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad thing is, I can actually believe this was a word-for-word transcription of an actual voicemail from an attorney who really is admitted to the bar association.

The Immortal Jinotega said...

"Oh, and, while we're at it, can I get a refill for my migraine medication?"

Anonymous said...

Is Jenny, like sure, you know, who has the brain injury?

BendySadness said...

This is why I've been known to write out what I want to say.

danielle said...

I hate voice messages too. I stumble and stutter and repeat myself. BUT I am not a trained lawyer who supposedly knows how to speak to and for anyone at any time. This is pathetic and funny!

Ms. Donna said...

And I am a crabby, old-fashioned B!tch when I tell young women that "Upspeak" and giggling will destroy their careers.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a nervous teenager asking someone out on a date.

Anonymous said...

Did she get your number from a bathroom wall at a bar? "For a good eval, call Dr Grumpy"

Packer said...

In the not to distant future I will retire. I will then no longer identify as a lawyer. I was dwelling on and fearing the inevitable. Thank you for calming my soul. It shall be okay, nay, it shall be like good.

Anonymous said...

Someone just passed the bar, just started her new job, and has been cut loose with really minimal training and told she needs to contact medical offices.

gloria p said...

This does not bode well for her career. Or her client.

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I mess up voicemail messages. I hate them! But now I feel a little better about myself, because I am not a lawyer.

Bobby Fuller said...

I want a rematch.

Shash said...

I think she needs to get her act together quickly. We all screw up voice mails, but, if I professionally did evals for legal purposes, I would still hesitate to call her back.

evodevo said...

OMG - Valley Girl does Law - I'm REALLY REALLY relieved to see she's just a probationer (hopefully) in a bigger firm, and I wonder if she'll make it past the 90 day probation period LOL...just a run-of-the-mill college grad should be able to do better phone messages than that...

FishyCondition said...

I agree with you 100%

Cgannon87 said...

Jenny, Jenny you’re the girl for meeeee 🎶

C said...

Elle Woods from Legally Blond called you!

 
Locations of visitors to this page